Saturday, December 25, 2010

Untitled

When the Grill Glove was released, I really thought it had a chance to be one of the best As Seen On TV products to come out in some time. In a time where most infomercial marketers are known for going a bit over the top to draw attention to their amazing products there was nothing particularly silly or outrageous about the Grill Glove. I really looked hard, but try as I might I just couldn't seem to find anyone out there with anything bad to say about it.

So when I actually got my hands on one I was really excited to try it out. As I always point out, the beauty of As Seen On TV items is that they do a great job of solving seemingly easy problems that nobody has ever found a solution for. This is a perfect example. The problem I find with grilling is that getting control of the food while it's on the grill is often impossible. Tongs are clumsy and other utensils may work, but not that well. I happen to suffer from I term the "dropsies" and I'm one of the best in the world at dropping food through the grill onto the coals. I can't remember the last time I was asked to man the barbeque pit, but honing my skills is important to me, and I'm sure others feel the same way. So the Grill Glove is certainly an idea whose time has come. It looks similar to a large gardening glove but it is made from 100% food grade silicone and is heat resistant. This allows you to trash the tongs and actually go in and grab the food and control it. It is now super easy to turn your hot dogs without dropping them.

You can place your chops, chicken and steaks however you like and easily spread them around as you add more. You won't get burned and there won't be any reason to have a lot of utensils around. It happens to be dishwasher safe so clean up is simple. The way it is sold you actually get two in an order so having one on each hand is wonderful. It actually feels like you are cooking on a surface with no heat. You touch, prod and grab at will and take the food from grill to table in a single step.

In my first try with the Grill Glove our grill was too crowded to do corn on the cob so we decided to boil it. It turns out you can just reach your hands into the pot and grab the corn with no worries. You won't get burned or scalded so it's possible you will find a lot more uses for it than just outside on barbeque. As far As Seen On TV items go, I cannot find a single flaw in this product and that may be surprising to some. I can't imagine anyone being dissatisfied with it and I don't see any reason why it won't replace the dirty charred oven mitts hanging in your kitchen right now. We are looking at the next big thing in the cooking industry and I think the infomercial guys got it right this time.

What a pleasure using this product was. Read more about Grill Glove or visit GetTVProducts to see other great As Seen On TV products.

Posted via email from As Seen On TV Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment