Monday, November 8, 2010

Butterball Indoor Turkey Fryer


If you have ever tasted one of these fried turkeys you know what I'm talking about. They are really juicy and just seem to taste better than those birds baked the traditional way.  The problem for me has always been that aside from the danger, turkey fryers seem like a hassle to use. They are big, must be used outdoors and contain a lot of hot oil that ultimately needs to be disposed of.

It seems that by now there should be an easier way to fry a turkey and a convenient turkey fryer that can be used indoors. It turns out that there is and I found out about it very late one night while watching TV. I saw a commercial for the Butterball Turkey Fryer and it looked amazing. The makers of this fryer addressed all the issues which concern us regarding safety and ease of use. I was very apprehensive about ordering one but since there was a ninety day guarantee and it was holiday season, I figured I would give it a whirl.

I did notice on the commercial that the Butterball Turkey Fryer would be shipped via Fedex ground and this is very uncommon among As Seen On TV products. Most say allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery so I was thrilled to see this. Mine arrived in eight days and I was cooking in no time.

What struck me most about this fryer was that it really was as easy to use as was promised in the ad. The instructions were very clear and the process involves little more than putting oil in the fryer, turning it on, adding a turkey and waiting until it is cooked. The most important thing in my estimation is to make sure the turkey is completely thawed before cooking. Not only will a partially frozen turkey alter the cooking time, but ice and oil don't mix. This will cause splatter which can be very dangerous.  The butterball turkey fryer is completely enclosed for safety but it is still wise to make sure your bird is thawed.

Now, this fryer is electric and is heated with an internal heating element which has temperature controls. There is little chance of making a mistake when it comes to heating the turkey and if thawed, it should be fully cooked in about an hour. To me this is remarkable. A fully cooked turkey in an hour!  Further, clean up is a breeze because of the oil drain. I really expected a mess but it managing the oil is not that hard and the few pieces the fryer actually has are simple to wash.

All in all the butterball turkey fryer seems to be a terrific option for anyone who wants to try and fry their turkey this year. I should point out that it can also be used as a steamer or boiler and the instructions to do so are included with the package. I haven't tried anything like that yet but I'm quite sure I will get a lot of use out of the butterball turkey fryer.

Posted via email from As Seen On TV Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment