Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wellcore Personal Emergency Response Alarm

A Personal Emergency Response System has become somewhat of an obsession for me recently and there are a lot of reasons for it. It began with my viewing of the Freedom Alert Personal Emergency Response system commercial which of course reminded me of that ole I've fallen and I can't get up commercial. It's always been a favorite of mine, but it's really not funny anymore.

I'm at the point of my life when I must make some decisions for some elderly family members and a personal emergency response system is on the forefront of my decision making. What I'm trying to accomplish is some sort of assisted living device without have to enter anyone into a real assisted living situation because at this stage it is not warranted and financially not feasible.

Technology has provided a way for many senior citizens to keep their independent lifestyle without needing even part time in home care and this is something we should all take into account. But as far as medical alarms are concerned, there are many options.

My favorite this far has been the Freedom Alert System, and prior to that the Guardian Alert 911 system, both manufactured by LogicMark. The main reason I preferred these two devices was the inexpensive cost, great features, and the lack of a need for a monitoring contract. The devices allowed users to contact help in various forms directly from their system without the cost of a monitoring service. To me this was a good deal.

But, these systems do have their drawbacks, and frankly they were things I hadn't considered. But, that's what's so good about doing research. You learn things. ( Read More on Wellcore Personal Emergency Response System )

Posted via web from As Seen On TV Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment