Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bark Off Ultrasonic Dog Barking Control

The Bark Off commercial is hilarious. But, the dogs' annoying barking in this romp remind me of the problems I have with dog barking in my own life. I'm sure we all have a dog around that just seems to bother us with their yapping but what can we do about it really?

According to the bark off commercial, we can just flip a switch and live in peace. I don't know if it could really be that simple but if it works I'm going to be a huge fan and hope the inventor collects a Nobel Prize.

It supposedly works like this. When a nearby dog begins to bark, the Bark Off unit will emit and ultrasonic wave that cannot be heard by humans, but will compel the dog to stop barking.

This ultrasonic wave is not harmful to the dog and does nothing more than get the dog's attention. The theory is that the dog will be interrupted by the wave and stop paying attention to whatever the it was barking at.

The theory seems to make sense. Our dogs have a very active attention span and if they can forget about whatever it is they are barking at and focus on the bark off, then perhaps we have a solution.

The jury is still out on the Bark Off but I for one and hoping for the best.

Posted via web from As Seen On TV Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment