Friday, April 30, 2010

Cricut Expression Tutorials

Cricut Expression How To Tutorials

So the Cricut Expression is the coolest crafts machine out there and we all know it. But, is it really as easy as they say to use? My answer is yes and no. You can do just about anything with this thing but it's important to realize you don't have experiment completely on your own.

There are tons of cricut tutorials out there to help. Some are professionally made, and some are made by some "crafty" people who film themselves completing their crafts while explaining every step.  There's really nothing you can do that hasn't been done before by someone. Not to say that original ideas are non-existent, but the basic steps in creating a type of project are probably documented somewhere online and can be found with a simple search. The Cricut community is huge, and most of its legions put out a lot of helpful material.

I first got a sense of this when I tried to cut fabric. I really wasn't sure my Cricut Expression would really do it like it said in the ads, but I found several tutorials showing exactly how to do it. The best part is that I didn't just find 1 tutorial, I found tons. I was even able to see some really inspiring fabrics which of I course I stole for my project. I haven't worked with fabric since and I don't plan to anytime soon but it's nice to know that however I choose to use my cricut expression machine, I will be able to find a video to follow along with.

I invested quite a bit in this little machine and my worry was that I would set out to sea all by myself. This couldn't be farther from the truth. I've never been much of an instruction manuals and I admit I have the attention span of a goat, so having these grassroots resources available online 24 hours a day.

I guess I'm like a lot of other people out there having fun with my cricut expression.

Posted via web from As Seen On TV Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment