Friday, April 2, 2010

Mighty Fixit Repair Tape

As Seen On TV products always seem to promise a bit more than they can deliver so when I see a new product arrive on the scene, I always wonder if it will really solve my problems. I really needed something that would fix a leaky windshield fluid hose in my car and plug and air mattress leak, but of course I was skeptical.

The advertising for the product Mighty Fixit made it look so great but here is my real experience.

Besides being entertained by the infomercial I had high hopes but very low expectations for the product itself. I'm glad to report that this gadget happens to be great and the product seems to do it all. Well, at least all the stuff if showed on TV. Think of Mighty Fixit is everything that we wish duct tape could be. It's supposed to fix, seal and repair just about anything.

When I say anything, I'm really referring to cracks in hoses, leaks in pipes, torn power cords, etc. Now this product is not tape. It's not even sticky and there is no adhesive. It's some kind of stretchy silicone material that will adhere to itself.

This means that as long as you can wrap it around something a few times and back over itself, you can create a seal. So if you have a crack in your radiator hose, you will wrap the product around the hose a few times which will allow it to trace the shape of the hose, create and air tight and water tight seal, and ultimately fix your problem.

So basically you would use this stuff like tape but it is much more permanent and really works well. But, here's the catch, and it took me a while to discover it.

I still think this is the coolest As Seen On TV gadget in a long time. It's simple and solves problems and comes with an over the top sales pitch. It's perfect for Television But it didn't work on the one thing I really needed it for.

Fixing my Windshield Fluid hose was a breeze but I have a very expensive air mattress and it had a leak in the seam. It was a small slow leak but needing mending non the less. I thought my new miracle tape would be perfect because I had temporarily fixed it with some glue and masking tape. When I cleaned the wound and prepared to seal it with my new stuff, I realized that the trick to it working was that fact it would wrap around and stick to itself.

Well, my mattress is huge and since there is no adhesive it could not wrap around and infuse with itself. My solution needed to be some type of flat seal and I couldn't stop my leak with this miracle of modern science.

So while Mighty Fix It really works for most things you need to keep in mind that have to wrap it around itself a few times. This is why you'll notice tubes, hoses and small branches in the ad and it works brilliantly for those type of things.

Read more about the Mighty Fixit or watch the Mighty Fixit Commercial so you can get a better idea about this product.

Posted via web from As Seen On TV Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment