Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ab Rocket Ab Workout

THE AB ROCKET: A TUMMY TONER?



Ever since my last baby, I’ve been trying to lose the belly fat that comes with the territory. Conventional sit-ups hurt my back, and all crunches seem to do is hurt my neck. I saw the As Seen On TV commercial for the AB ROCKET, and thought it was worth a try. They advertised that I could try it out for 30 days for $14.95 plus shipping and could return it if I didn’t like it, so I figured I didn’t have a whole lot to lose. I did look at a lot of reviews before I ordered, though. The consensus was that if you were under 5’ 10”, and didn’t have a huge belly, the Ab Rocket machine would provide muscle toning that would firm up your belly.

Ab Rocket:The Equipment
It arrived, and I put it together (by myself actually!). The directions are straightforward, and, although the coils were a little challenging, it went together pretty easily. The AB ROCKET sits on the floor, and is really nothing more than a fixed seat with a spring coil loaded back attached to the seat. The back is made of rollers that are supposed to “massage” you while you are exercising. That part I don’t know about. The Ab Rocket comes with springs of three resistance levels, and I used the ones with the least resistance. I figured I’d start off easy and then work my way up if I was able.

Ab Rocket:The Workout
The way the springs are attached cause you to work as you go back, and then assist you in the “crunch” portion of the exercise. The Ab Rocket supports my head and neck during the exercise so there’s no strain of those muscles involved, and my lower back isn’t sore either.

My experience has been good, so I wound up paying the $120 to complete the purchase. If you are a novice to exercise like me, the AB ROCKET may be for you. I have felt a tightening in my stomach without the associated aches and pains of other ab regimens. I have my own little routine that I start in front of the TV after the kids go to bed; my husband knows not to bug me then, that’s for sure. Maybe one day I can talk him into getting rid of his belly, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment